Tahini Noodles with TofuCourse: MainsCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
2 blocks of firm tofu
A pack of Udon noodles for each person
Bok choi, broccoli, spring onions
Oil to fry
1/4 cup of tahini
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup mirin or sugar
2 cloves garlic, 1 fresh chilli, knob of ginger
1/3 cup of water
Black sesame seeds and/or fresh
- In a jar mix up the tahini, crushed garlic, finely chopped ginger, sesame oil, chopped chilli, mirin soy sauce and water.
- Shake it all up and adjust the taste to how you like it. You should be able to pour it, so add more water if needed
- Cut the tofu into cubes and fry in oil. Ideally in a wok but a fry pan works.
- When it’s cooked throw over some soy sauce and mirin which will sizzle and steam for a minute. Put a lid over it.
- Then put the tofu aside and fry up the vegies (or vegies of choice) in oil.
- Cook them just for a few minutes till still crunchy .
- While the vegies are cooking throw on a pot of water and bring to the boil. Drop in the noodles and cook for a few minutes until they are soft.
- Drain them quickly and serve them into bowls, adding the cooked vegies, with tahini sauce poured over and lastly placing the tofu slabs on top.
- Decorate with sesame seeds and chopped coriander if you like it.
- This dish is fine served just at room temperature so don’t be worried about the timing too much. The left over sauce if there is any can be used later on salads.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Jackfruit Chop Suey with Noodles • May 5, 2022 Christmas Sandwich • May 5, …