Tomato, Coconut and Ginger SoupCourse: Lunch, Soups, StartersCuisine: European, AsianDifficulty: Easy
1–2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large shallots, rough chopped
2–3 garlic cloves, rough chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, rough chopped
1–2 teaspoons ground turmeric
1x 14 ounce can diced tomatoes and juice
1 cup water
1x 14 ounce can coconut milk
3/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
¼ teaspoon cayenne, more to taste
Ganish – croutons, toasted seeds or nuts
- Saute the shallots, garlic and ginger in a medium pot with oil, over medium heat, until deeply golden for about 5-6 minutes.
- In a blender, puree the can of tomatoes and its juice, until very smooth.
- Add the puree into the pot and add 1 cup water, the can of coconut milk, salt, and cayenne.
- Stir in the ground turmeric.
- Bring to a simmer then turn heat off.
- Add more salt and cayenne to taste.
- Divide among bowls and top with croutons, toasted seeds or nuts; parsley or coriander.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Christmas Sandwich • May 5, 2022 Xmas Savoury Strudel • May 5, 2022 Tomato …