Turmeric Chickpea Curry
¾ cup Brown Rice & Quinoa
1 sml Brown Onion
2 x Garlic Clove
3 ¾ tsp Fresh Ginger
1 med Broccoli
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¾ Tbsp Ground Turmeric
¾ Tbsp Ground Cumin
¾ Tbsp Ground Coriander
¾ Tbsp Garam Masala
3 ¾ cup Chickpeas (Canned)
150ml Light Coconut Milk
2 ½ cup Baby Spinach
- Prepare the brown rice and quinoa as per packet instructions.
- Finely dice the brown onion, crush the garlic and finely grate the ginger. Slice the broccoli into smaller florets and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large pot and saute the onion, garlic and ginger for about 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, ground coriander and garam masala to the pan, and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli, drained chickpeas and coconut milk.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Leave to simmer for roughly 10 minutes.
- Lastly, add the spinach, then cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve the chickpea curry over the brown rice and quinoa. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!