Vegan Boil UpCourse: MainsCuisine: Pasifika, EuropeanDifficulty: Medium
I’ve never had any firm measures, just use what you have. Here’s what I love in boil up:
Potatoes, Kumara, Kamokamo or pumpkin
Enough vegetable stock to cover all of your vegetables
Lots of watercress (this gives it the peppery taste)
Salt to taste
1.5 cup flour and 1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 cup vegan butter
- Chop the vegetables into even chunks, I like mine nice and big. The watercress boils down small so I always overdo it and pack loads in.
- Then throw it all in the pot and boil away. Add the liquid smoke in small amounts until you’re happy with the taste.
- Simmer on a low heat for at least two hours, and when you’re about ready to eat, pop your doughboys in for the last 15-20 minutes. The taste deepens the next day, so I always make enough for seconds and thirds!
- Mix dry ingredients then rub in the butter until it’s crumbly.
- Pour in just enough plant milk to mix the ingredients together. For light, fluffy doughboys, don’t overmix them.
- Make into balls and pop into the pot about 15mins before serving.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Christmas Sandwich • May 5, 2022 Xmas Savoury Strudel • May 5, 2022 Tomato …