White Chocolate Christmas CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: European, ChristmasDifficulty: Medium
1 c almonds, 1/2 c brazil nuts, 1 c coconut flour
1 tbsp vanilla powder, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp clove, large pinch nutmeg
1 c dried fruit I used 1/3 c each of raisins, sultanas and currants
1/2 c dried figs, 1/2 c dried apricots, 1/2 c medjoul dates
1 orange juice, flesh and zest and 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil softened
1 tbsp liquid sweetener eg brown rice syrup, yacon, coconut nectar
1 tbsp vanilla extract and 4-6 drops of essential oil eg cinnamon, clove, cardamom
1 c raw cashews soaked 1-2 hours, rinsed, and drained
1/3 c water and 1/3 c cacao butter melted
3 tbsp virgin coconut oil melted and 2 tbsp syrup of choice
1 tbsp vanilla extract and pinch sea salt
Fresh berries and mint to garnish
- Blend the almonds and brazil nuts in your food processor or blender to form a rough flour.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients, pulse to combine, then set aside.
- Roughly chop the figs, apricots and dates in your food processor or blender (they will be quite sticky), then add the remaining wet ingredients and pulse to just combine.
- Add the dry ingredient mix back into the food processor or blender and pulse to combine. You want to keep the chunks and the sultanas/raisins/currants whole so be careful not to over blend.
- Pour the mixture into a tin with the base lined with baking paper and put in the fridge while you make the icing.
- White Chocolate Icing
- Blend together all icing ingredients until silky smooth – there should be no lumps whatsoever.
- You may need to scrape down your blender a few times in between to get a super smooth result.
- Pour icing onto the cake and put back into the fridge overnight to set.
- In the morning, decorate cake with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and mint leaves.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Dark Chocolate and Expresso Cheesecake Dark Chocolate and Expresso Cheesecake Banoffee Custard Cups Banoffee …
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Baked Rice with Caramel Custard and Bananas Baked Rice with Caramel Custard and Bananas …