Yeast Raised Coconut WafflesCourse: BreakfastCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Medium
7g active yeast (1 sachet)
1/2 cup of warm water
2 cups of coconut milk
2 tablespoons of sugar
100 grams of plant butter melted
2 cups of flour
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Place yeast and warm water in a large mixing bowl and stir to dissolve.
Leave for around 5 minutes.
- Place coconut milk in a heatproof container and warm slightly in the microwave for
around 50 seconds.
- Add the milk, butter, sugar, salt and flour into the yeast mixture and whisk until batter is smooth. Cover with cling wrap and leave for around 1-2 hours. Place in the fridge if not cooking straightaway.
- Once you are ready to cook the waffles, add the white vinegar and baking soda,
whisking it into the batter until well combined.
- Heat the waffle maker, spray or brush with oil or butter and cook.
- Once waffles are cooked and golden, remove and serve immediately with your favourite toppings.
- Goes great with any fresh fruit, maple syrup (or vegan hunny) and plant based yoghurt.