7 Day Meal Plan
Avocado on toast
Toast – quality bakery bread is preferred, but Ploughman’s, Vogels and Freya’s sliced breads are vegan.
Recommended additions: Try with tomato, salt and pepper.
If you are a fan of vegemite or marmite spread this thinly on the toast first.
If you haven’t tried this with avocado you’ll be wowed!
Avocados are high in fat. But it’s monounsaturated fat, which is a “good” fat that helps lower bad cholesterol, as long as you eat them in moderation.
You don’t need a ‘butter’ or spread with them as they act as the fat spread.
Citrus kale saladCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
Juice of 1 orange
3 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
Dash of salt and pepper
1 large bunch kale
3 mandarins, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
½ carrot, shredded
½ red onion, thinly sliced into half moons
1 green chili, thinly sliced (optional)
½ c roast unsalted cashew nuts
- Whisk together orange juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Remove the large central stem from each kale leaf. Stack as many leaves as you can, and slice very thinly into strips.
- Mix in a large bowl with mandarins, carrot, onion, and chili. Garnish with cashew nuts.
Roasted RatatouilleCourse: DinnerCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Medium
450g eggplant, cut into 2 cm dice
650g courgette, cut into 2 cm dice
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp salt
4 thyme sprigs, or 2 tsp dried thyme
4 tbsp olive oil
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 c chopped fresh basil
- Heat the oven to 220C.
- Combine the eggplant, courgette, tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, and thyme in a large roasting pan.
- Drizzle with the oil and stir to combine.
- Transfer to the oven and roast, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender and some water has released from the tomatoes to create a sauce, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, stir, and return to the oven until the beans heat through, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the basil and stir.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
- Rather than weighing out ingredients, you can just use 1 large eggplant and 2 or 3 large courgette, a number of cherry tomatos to your liking. You could also add other vegetables such as capsicum.