Eggplant CevicheCourse: DinnerCuisine: Maori
1/2 diced red onion
1 diced tomato
1/2 diced cucumber
1 thinly sliced spring onion
1 tsp smoked kelp
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cups coconut cream
1 tsp dried kerengo
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
- Thinly slice the eggplant lengthways and grill in a chargrilled pan till all done. Chargrill on BBQ if you have one, or just fry).
- Cool and then cut into small cubes.
- The rest of the vegetables should be diced a little bit smaller than the eggplant.
- Add all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with parsley, crispy shallots and a lemon wedge.