French ToastCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
• 1 ½ cups plant milk
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 tbsp brown sugar
• 4 tbsp flour
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• Pinch nutmeg
• Pinch salt
• 6-8 slices bread
• Vegan butter or marg for frying
- Whisk all the French toast ingredients together in a shallow large dish until well combined.
- Start heating a fry pan and add about a tablespoon of margarine to the pan. While this is heating up add two slices of the bread to the wet mixture flipping after 30 seconds.
- Once butter is hot add the two slices of bread to the fry pan and fry for about 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Repeat this process until the bread and mixture has run out.
- Serve with your choice of topping