Kimchi Tofu Fried Rice
400 g Firm Tofu
3 Tbsp Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Sriracha
½ Tbsp Maple Syrup
¾ Tbsp Lime Juice
½ cup Brown Rice Medium Grain
¾ sml Brown Onion
3 sml Bok Choy
½ cup Green Beans
4 tsp Fresh Ginger
2 ¼ Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 ½ Tbsp Crushed Garlic
½ cup Frozen Edamame Beans
2 Tbsp Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
10 tbsp Fiery Kick Asian Kimchi
2 whole Spring Onion
½ Tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Chop the tofu into cubes. In a bowl combine maple syrup, lime juice, sriracha and half the soy sauce.
- Lay the tofu evenly across a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush the tofu with the marinade only using enough to cover the tofu (roughly half) and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn the tofu over and brush the turned side with the rest of the marinade, cooking for 10-12 more minutes.
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
- Dice the onion, bok choy, and green beans to your desired size, and grate the ginger.
- In a large frying pan, heat half the sesame oll over a medium-high heat. Once heated, saute the onion until translucent before adding the garlic, edamame beans, bok choy, and green beans.
- Pour in half the remaining soy sauce. Once the vegetables are vibrantly coloured and starting to soften, remove the pan from the heat and mix through the kimchi and some kimchi juice for flavour. Set aside in a mixing bowl.
- In the pan used to cook the vegetables add the rest of the sesame oil, and remaining soy sauce, then add the ginger and rice.
- 10. Toss the rice so it is well coated. Return the pan to the heat, and spread the rice across the base of the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes, do not stir.
- Scrape the rice from the bottom, cover the base and wait another 2 minutes, do not stir. Break up the rice, and combine the vegetables into the rice.
- Serve rice and vegetables topped with tofu, chopped spring onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!