Creamy Vegetable Dahl
500 g Firm Tofu
1 lrg Broccoli
2 sprays xtra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
1 Brown Onion
½ Tbsp Crushed Garlic
1½ Tbsp Crushed Ginger
¼ Tbsp Ground Coriander
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
¼ Tbsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ½ cup Dried Red Lentils
1 X Vegetable Stock Cubes
4 cup Water
1 can Canned Diced Tomato
1 cup Light Coconut Milk
2 cup Baby Spinach
1 cup Green Beans
5 x 90 Second Brown Rice
1 handful Fresh Coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the vegetables - cut the broccoli into florets, dice the onion and cut the beans into bite sized pieces.
- Press the tofu with paper towels to remove some of the water then cut into cubes.
- Place the tofu and broccoli on a tray lined with baking paper and spray with olive oil spray. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the tofu is slightly golden and the broccoli is slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and sauté until translucent.
- Add all of the spices and cook until fragrant.
- Rinse the lentils in a sieve until the water runs clear.
- Add the lentils to the pan with the water and sock cube. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent sticking.
- Add the tomatoes and coconut milk and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10. Cook the rice as per packet instructions.
- 11. Add the spinach and green beans and stir until the spinach is wilted.
- 12. Serve the dahl on a bed of rice with the tofu, broccoli and coriander to garnish. Enjoy!