Hoisin Tofu Bowl
2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
1 Tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce
½ Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
250 g Firm Tofu
¼ Tbsp Sesame Oil
2 x Quick Cups Brown Rice
¾ Irg Carrot
100 g Frozen Edamame Beans
½ whole Spring Onion
½ Tbsp White Sesame Seeds
1 cup Broccoli
- Press out the extra liquid from the tofu, then cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Add in the tofu and toss to coat. Cover and marinate for a few hours if time allows.
- Grate the carrot, finely chop the spring onion, and chop the broccoli into small florets. Thaw the edamame beans by microwaving for a minute.
- Steam or boil the broccoli and cook to your liking. Set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the tofu for a few minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
- Cook the rice as per packet instructions, then serve in a bowl along with the tofu and vegetables. Sprinkle over the spring onion and sesame seeds to finish