Pineapple Coconut LoafCourse: DessertCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Medium
8 TBs or ½ cup softened vegan butter
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup aquafaba
1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup plant-based milk
120g can crushed pineapple, drained
(save the juice)
1 cup shredded or flaked coconut
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons pineapple juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Beat together butter, sugar, aquafaba and almond extract until smooth with mixer.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder and add to butter mixture along with milk and drained pineapple.
- Fold in coconut. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated 350f/175c oven for 60 to 65 minutes until center tests done.
- Let cool 10 minutes and remove from pan. Add the glaze.
- Glaze Method
- Whisk together and drizzle over cooled cake.
- An alternative to the glaze, sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar or toast some coconut and sprinkle over the top.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Chocolate Mousse • April 29, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: …
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Banana Sago Pudding • April 30, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these …