Sticky Sesame Cauliflower Bites
½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 cup breadcrumbs
½ cup flour
⅔ cup plant milk
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
½ tsp onion powder
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup water
1 ½ tbsp cornflour mixed with 1 tbspwater
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together batter ingredients in one bowl and place breadcrumbs in a separate bowl. Place florets one by one in the batter to coat well then in the breadcrumbs.
- Line two trays with baking paper and place battered and breadcrumbed cauliflower well spaced apart on the trays. Bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes until golden brown, swapping trays halfway.
- While the cauliflower florets are baking, make the sauce by heating olive oil in a saucepan and frying the garlic until fragrant. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients (except the cornflour mix) and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to medium-high and add in the cornflour mix, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Once cauliflower is cooked, add to a bowl and coat in the sticky sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!