Tofu BolognaiseCourse: MainsCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 sticks of celery, sliced
• 1 block Tofu
• 2 small carrots, finely cut
• 1 tbsp ground paprika
• 1-2 pinch chilli flakes
• 1 tsp of each dried thyme, dried oregano, dried basil
• 1 bottle passata or 400 g crushed tomatoes
• 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
• salt to taste
• extra water if desired
- In a frying pan, sautee the onions with some oil.
- In the meantime press the tofu to remove excess liquid. Then pluck it apart to make smaller crumbles and chunks.
- Stir the crumbled tofu in with the sauteed onions and celery. Cook until it gets a little dry.
- Add carrots as well as ground paprika and the rest of the spices and herbs. Stir and let roast for another minute.
- Mix in the passata and let simmer until the carrots are soft. If desired, add a little more water. Add crsuhed garlic at the end and at salt to taste.
- Serve with pasta or use as a filling for lasagne.