BBQ Tofu KebabsCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Christmas, New ZealandDifficulty: Easy
1 packet firm Tofu
1 punnet Cherry tomato
30ml Citrus Vinaigrette
1 head of Romaine
4 pieces Focaccia ( each about burger bun size)
100g Cashew cheese
100ml Smokey BBQ sauce
100ml vegan aioli
- Dice the tofu, mushroom, onion, capsicum and cherry tomato to the same size and skewer, then
baste with BBQ sauce and leave over night to infuse the tofu.
- Ribbon the carrot and the courgette using a vegetable peeler and place in a bowl, lightly dress with citrus vinaigrette, just before using toss in the romaine leaves.
- Slice the focaccia through in half so you have a top and bottom then toast.
- On the bottom half smear the cashew cheese, on the top you can smear a little of the bbq sauce.
- On the bottom focaccia place the tossed courgette and carrot ribbons with romaine and build up.
- In a hot skillet or bbq cook the tofu skewers until well coloured and cooked.
- Place on the courgette and carrot salad and drizzle the remaining aioli and bbq sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and get into it.