Black Bean Brownies
These brownies are perfect when you want to treat yourself or when you want your kids to have a nutritious dessert that’s also yummy and doesn’t taste like beans (honestly!). Black beans are really a superfood - high in
protein, folate and iron - that all of us should be eating.
•1 can of unsalted black beans
• ½ cup rolled oats
• ¼ cup cocoa powder
• ¼ cup smooth almond butter
•1 very ripe banana
• 4 large and soft Medjool dates
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line the brownie tin with parchment paper or generously grease it with coconut oil.
- Pit the dates and soak them in 1/2 cup of boiling hot water. Leave for at least 10 minutes to soften, then blend into paste in a bullet blender (with the water).
- Rinse and drain the black beans, set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the oats into flour, then add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth and uniform.
- Transfer the batter into the brownie tin, even it out on top and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until hardened and lightly browned. Let cool down, then cut and enjoy with your little ones!
- The brownies will get firmer after a few hours, or the next day. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.