Breakfast HashCourse: BreakfastCuisine: New ZealandDifficulty: Easy
4 russet potatoes
4 sweet potatoes
1 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced (or amount to taste)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon thyme
1 each teaspoon onion powder, garlic powder
Pinch salt and pepper
2 cup button mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Heat oven to 175celcius
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes and russet potatoes.
- Drizzle the potatoes with a little bit of olive oil, add the spices and toss it together to coat.
- Place in a large baking dish. Place the potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, sauté some fresh garlic and onion in a skillet on the stove.
- Add in button mushrooms if using.
- Cook for around 5-10 minutes until they’re all browned and caramelized.
- Once the onions are soft and the potatoes are crisp, mix it all together and it’s ready to serve.
- If you don’t want to add too much oil you can add drizzles of water to the onion and mushroom pan – they will still brown nicely!
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Banana Pancakes • April 30, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: …