Ginger Fruit Loaf
½ cup rice milk (or milk of choice)
2 tsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
1 ¾ cups all purpose gluten free flour blend
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup coconut sugar
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 x 227 g tin of crushed pineapple, juice and all (or about ¾ cup)
1 cup sultanas - or use raisins or a combo of dried fruit. The photo above involves sultanas, cranberries, goji berries & finely chopped dried apricot
¼ cup olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
a little extra oil for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Grab a loaf tin – mine is smallish and silicon, measuring 10 x 22cms – and
grease it lightly.
- Add the vinegar to the (rice) milk and set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Then add the pineapple, sultanas and the vinegared milk.
- Pour into the greased loaf tin
- Bake for 50-60 minutes on the middle rack of the oven, until golden (poke in a clean knife or skewer to
check if it’s cooked) Leave to cool in the loaf tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool.