Gluten Free Double Chocolate Brownies
• 2 tbsp ground flax seed
• 5 tbsp water
• 1 ½ cups almond flour
• ¾ cup cocoa powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ¾ cup packed brown sugar
• ½ cup melted coconut oil
• ¼ cup soy milk
• 1 tsp vanilla paste/extract
• 1 block of vegan chocolate, coarsley chopped
• Salt (see step 6)
- Add the flax seed with water in a medium bowl - whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl add almond flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and mix.
- Add sugar, coconut oil, soy milk & vanilla into the bowl with flax seed mix - stir until texture is smooth.
- Fold the wet into the dry mix until completely combined - the mix should be thick.
- Stir in chunks of the chocolate, folding in as you go.
- Line a square tin with baking paper. Spread the mixture evenly with a sprinkle of salt on top. Bake at 180° C for 20 - 25 minutes. Then remove and let cool down, refrigerate before slicing. Can be frozen or kept in the fridge.