It's the Vegan Pie Awards!
The Vegan Society Aotearoa is holding our sixth annual Vegan Pie Awards this October and we are looking for the best vegan pies to enter with $1000 in prize money up for grabs!
As well as publicity and the kudos of making some of the best vegan pies in NZ for our category award winners, there’s a $1000 prize for the Supreme winner!
Entry is just $20 per pie, or $15 for Vegan Society Business Members.
Making vegan pies is just as easy as making meat pies, all it requires is a change of ingredients. Most ingredients for vegan pies are easily found in your usual shopping places.
Who will be this year’s Supreme Winner? It could be anyone and newcomers have as much chance as the “old hands”.
Awards: judging takes place on 23rd October at Crave Cafe, Auckland.
Registration closes 15th October.
The pie categories are:
- Vegan Steak and Vegan Cheese – base paste bottom, and a flaky pastry on top
- Vegan Mince and Vegan Cheese – base paste bottom, and a flaky pastry on top
- Vegan Chicken – base paste bottom, and a flaky pastry on top
- Sweet pie – short crust pastry
- Vegetable – base paste bottom, and a flaky pastry on top
- Café boutique – any sort of pastry, shape, open or closed
- Gluten Free – any sort of pastry, shape, open or closed
- Commercial – base paste bottom, and a flaky pastry on top
- Plus a Supreme Award!
Read more here and learn how to create a vegan pie!
PRIZE GIVING GALA DINNER
Following the judging we are delighted to extend a warm invitation to the prestigious Vegan Pie Awards; Gala Dinner and Award Ceremony, on the 24th October at KIND Cafe, Auckland!
Enjoyed reading this? We think you'll enjoy these articles:
Have yourself a veggie Merry Christmas! Discover something new, interesting and different in our guide to a Vegan Christmas! Those of you …
All I want for Xmas is World Peace 29 November 2023 The Vegan Society As our spring turns hotter, drier and becomes …