1100g Jackfruit (canned)
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 med Red Onion
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
½ Tbsp Crushed Garlic
2 Tbsp Nacho Spice Mix
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
¾ cup Vegetable Stock (Liquid)
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
2 cup Iceberg Lettuce
½ punnet Cherry Tomatoes
1 med Avocado
9 x Tacos Tortillas (small)
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit. Use your fingers or a fork to break apart the jackfruit and shred into pieces. Finely dice the onion.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat with the olive oil. Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Next, add the shredded jackfruit, garlic, nacho spice mix, vegetable stock, tomato paste and lime juice to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until most the liquid is absorbed.
- Prepare the tacos filling - Shred the lettuce into pieces, half the cherry tomatoes and slice the avocado into pieces.
- To assemble the tacos, place the lettuce, tomato, avocado and jackfruit into the middle of the tortilla, sprinkle over nutritional yeast, then fold in half to serve.