- For the crust
170 g almonds
120 g dates, pitted and chopped
- For the filling
100 g dates, pitted and chopped
50 g sunflower seeds (soak in water for approx. 4 hours, then rinse and drain)
300 ml plant-based mylk, preferably unsweetened
75 ml fresh lemon juice
1 to 2 tbsp lemon zest (depending on how zesty you like it)
1 ¼ tsp agar agar powder (not flakes!)
1 to 2 pinches ground turmeric
- Preheat oven to 160°. For the curst, blend almonds and dates to fine crumbles, using a powerful blender. Knead the dough a bit and then spread it evenly in the tart form. Pull the dough up along the sides too.
- Blind bake the dough on the lower level for approx.. 15 minutes. Be careful, it burns easily. If needed, bake it covered.
- Let the crust cool down properly. For the filling, blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a pot and bring it gently to the boil. Let it simmer for a few minutes while stirring constantly.
- Pour the mixture into the tart form and spread it evenly. Let it cool down a little before letting it set in the fridge. Garnish to your liking. Enjoy :