Mushroom and Bean Stew
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5 ¼ cup White Button Mushroom
1 Brown Onion
1 tsp Thyme (Dried)
¼ Tbsp Rosemary (Dried)
½ tsp Basil (Dried)
3 ½ cup Baby Potatoes
½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 ½ Tbsp Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Cornflour
3 cup Water
1 X Vegetable Stock Cubes
2 ½ cup Cannellini Beans
2 cup Red Kidney Beans (Tinned)
1 ½ cup Soy Milk (Regular)
¾ cup Green Beans
2 cup Baby Spinach
1 handful Fresh Curly Parsley
1 med Lemon
- Prepare the vegetables - half or quarter the mushrooms (depending on size), dice the onion, dice the potatoes into bite sized cubes, and trim the ends off the green beans and slice to desired size.
- Heat olive oil on medium to high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute. Add herbs, salt and pepper, mushrooms, then the potatoes. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the mushrooms have some colour.
- Add mustard, soy sauce and cornflour and stir to coat the veggies.
- Add the water and stock cube, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes with the lid on.
- Whilst the stew is on the heat, drain and rinse the kidney and cannellini beans.
- Add kidney beans, cannellini beans, and milk then simmer for 5 minutes with the lid off to reduce slightly.
- Add the spinach and beans. Stir to wilt, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley and a lemon wedge to serve. Enjoy!