600 g soft Tofu
¼ cup corn starch
½ cup rice flour
½ cup soy cream
Season to taste with: salt, nutritional yeast and a pinch of black salt, plus a pinch of turmeric for colour
1 large onion, diced
150 g vegan bacon (I use Vegie Delights Bacon style rashers)
Bunch of chives, finely chopped
2 sheets of vegan store bought puff pastry (or make your own)
- Place tofu, soy cream, corn starch, rice flour and seasoning into a blender - blend until combined and smooth.
- Fry onion and bacon in a pan with a dash of oil until soft and cooked through - let cool.
- Preheat oven and place the sheets of pastry in a round pie/quiche dish - grease or use baking paper on the bottom.
- Stir tofu mixture and bacon/onion mix together, adding in fresh chopped chives
- Spread mixture evenly into pastry dish, milk brush the edges of pastry to avoid burning.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes on 180°C fan. Let cool and serve just warm. Can be refrigerated and reheated in the oven.