Sesame Tofu Bites
1 block firm tofu
• 2 tbsp sesame seeds (I use ½ black,½ white)
• 2 tbsp tapioca flour/starch
• 1 tsp salt
• Several grinds of black pepper
• Oil for pan frying
• 2 tbsp tamari or gluten free soy sauce
• 1 tbsp mirin or apple juice
• ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- Chop the tofu into 2-3 cm cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sesame seeds, tapioca, pepper and salt. Roll the tofu chunks in the floury mixture until coated.
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan on a medium heat and fry the cubes until at least two sides are golden.
- For the dipping sauce, stir all the ingredients together in a small serving dish. These bites are a welcome addition to a grazing platter, rice or noodle bowl, salad plate, lucky lunchbox...