Spicy Peanut and Tempeh Noodles
300 g High Protein Organic Tempeh
Smooth Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Chilli Flakes
2 Tbsp Lime Juice
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
¼ cup Smooth Peanut Butter
3 Tbsp Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Chinese Chilli Oil
1½ Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
½ Tbsp Crushed Garlic
½ Tbsp Brown Sugar
¼ cup Water
320 Soba Noodles
1 med Broccoli
6 sml Bok Choy
1 handful Fresh Coriander
1 Tbsp White Sesame Seeds
1 whole Spring Onion
- Slice the tempeh into thin slices.
- To make the marinade - mix together the first measure of peanut butter, sesame oil, chilli flakes, lime juice, maple syrup, and the first measure of soy sauce. Whisk until smooth.
- In a bowl, add the tempeh slices then pour over the marinade. Mix to coat the tempeh then set aside in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Once marinated, preheat the oven to 200°C. Lay the tempeh slices on a tray lines with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes until golden. Keep the bowl with any remaining marinade.
- Once the tempeh is golden, remove from the oven and brush with the remaining marinade.
- Noodle Sauce:
- Add the second measure of peanut butter, soy sauce, Chinese chilli oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic, brown sugar and water to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Cut the broccoli into bite sized pieces and thinly slice the bok choy.
- Blanch the broccoli in a pot of boiling water for about 2 minutes.
- Cook the noodles as per packet instructions, then strain and set aside.
- Stir the noodle sauce through the soba noodles, then mix in the sliced bok choy, broccoli and tempeh slices.
- Serve hot garnished with sliced spring onion, coriander and sesame seeds. Enjoy!